VW T3 Campervan in Marlborough for hire
Ethell is a 1988 VW T25 Diesel Transporter. She is happy to go to a festival or for any other trip. She is a bit quirky and doesn't have top of the range, sleek pods for her features but instead has things like the original seat furnishings that are worn in places and original sink. Hi-top means you can stand up in her straight away 6' 2' 188cm. The main part of the drive away awning is just above 7' 214cm. If you prefer you can fit on the sun canopy - this is England so it's waterproof too Just click on the pics to view. She likes to travel at about 55-60 mph but is capable of more if she really has to and can overtake lorries and get up hills although usually prefers to drop down to 4th gear for this sort of thing. Indeed, she spent two winter seasons in the French Alps. Hire fee includes fully comprehensive van insurance breakdown. Ethell has no shower or fitted bathroom. She carries a 'new for each trip' portable emergency non-chemical basic toilet facility google 'bog in a bag - a small extra cost to cover re-purchase if utilised. Plus to help with Covid-19 requirements,she now carries a utility tent to put up if there are no other facilities Check your campsite regs though. She has a small original kitchen sink, no tap or fixed water tank on purpose. Her bed is easy pull-out with comfy mattress topper but please supply your own bedding, towels and food. An extensive kitchen self-catering inventory. Due to her age she isn't completely compliant to emission regs so if you need to take her to a large city use park ride or you would need to check and pay for any fees yourselves. Also, you'll need to pay for any parking fines if you get some. Ethell will get sanitised, aired rested between road trips..
- Hi-top means you can stand up in her straight away.
- Bench seat pulls to form double bed down the van. 4' x 6'
- Removable central table. Fold-up picnic table for in van, outside or tent area. 2-4 picnic chairs
- Twin-burner gas hob and grill.
- Bowl. Original sink with drain pipe to waste container or use in-camp facilities which are prob. easier. Fresh water containers No running water,.
- Engine heating for cab.
- LED battery lights & transportable solar light/lantern. 12v small fluorescent light, solar & AA battery fairy lights. Tilly gas lamp for outside.. Emergency torch.
- Water Containers/Cannisters
- all around
- Vintage Tuner / CD player with 4 speakers but socket for own phone music +usb portsetc
- 3 way fridge - gas or 240v (hook up). 12v whilst driving . best worked with gas or hook up
- Curtains on all sides & rear windows. front windscreen wrap -insulated/night screen cover for cab area
- Quite a lot of cupboards, interior roof storage & space in the 'boot'.
- Gas for fridge & hobtop. LED battery lights & small solar ones.Leisure battery.for lights & USB charging points from 3 cig.sockets. Hook up lead if required..
- Electrical equipment:
- Leisure battery.for lights &. USB charging points from 3 'cig' socketsLED battery lights & small solar ones.Hook up lead fridge
- Fire equipment:
- Fire extinguisher & fire blanket.
- Self catering:
- loads of main kitchen equpt included for 4 - like crockery,mugs,pans, bottle & can opener, water containers,whistling kettle. NOT Bedding or towels. just ask for list
At a Glance
Some of the great features which can be found on our camper.
Technology, Media and Entertainment
Living and Sleeping
Insurance and Useful Information
- UK Only
- 25 - 70
- Insurance Types:
- Fully comprehensive. Basic criteria:Full UK licence for minimum of 3 yearsMaximum of 6 points on all drivers licences1 claim (fault/no fault) in last three years. £500 excess. ask for any more details.
- Pets Allowed:
- Holiday Hire:
- Wedding Hire:
- Prom Hire:
- Car Parking:
- Rural off road but at your own risk
- Breakdown Cover:
- Am I Insured:
- Per Trip Fully Comprehensive Insurance
About This Camper
Here's how to find the van!
What you saidSee more reviews for EthellVW
We hired Ethell for a week of exploring and to attend a wedding in Cornwall. She's a great vehicle with loads of personality, storage, comfy bed and everything you could need to prepare meals. We met Josh's parents, Debs and Mark. They're lovely people and couldn't have been more helpful in making sure we were comfortable. Absolutely recommend Ethell for a trip and would book again. Thanks - Ben
Reviewed - July 8, 2019
Other bits and bobs
- All included:- no extra fee..ask for bike rack tho':
- included - Drive-away tent awning,sun canopy,
- all included - picnic table & 2 -4 outdoor chairs. :
- included - water carriers,
Send an Enquiry below
Cost, Availability and Enquiries
This section allows you to communicate with the van's owner. The calendar displays availability. Any grey shaded boxes are periods during which the van is unavailable and green shaded boxes display periods of availability. Select dates from the calendar. Once your dates are selected you will see them appear in the period chosen section. Then log in or register in order to send a note to the van owner about the enquiry. Their responses will be displayed in the enquiry section of your account.Read more
Some of your dates are not available currently.