VW T4 Campervan in Teignmouth for hire
Big Blue is a modern classic camper. All of the style of a VW camper with the reliability of a water cooled diesel engine. Back to the 90s. The standard wheel base length makes her easy to manoeuvre. The conversion is by Reimo, with double-glazed windows with blackout blinds and fly screens. She is a 4 berth 2 x children not 4 x adults. Fridge, hob and sink as well as plenty of storage cupboards. She is relatively low mileage 105k and slowly increasing - still drives like a new vehicle.The legendary 2.5 TDi 5 cylinder diesel engine is both reliable and economic if a little agricultural VW cruise control and an upgraded 5th gear makes for comfortable motorway cruising. A welsh made 'MiPV' solar panel has recently been installed on the roof, allowing power even without hook up. Power includes mains 240v power through a large pure sine wave inverter safe for laptops, electric toothbrush chargers etc. A sturdy 'safe' is built in, under passenger seat. The passenger seat is a swiveling captain seat with arm wrests. The rear rock 'n' roll seat is the superb crash tested Reimo Variotech seat that quickly and easily converts to a double bed. It had two 3-point seat-belts in the rear. USB points and 12v sockets in front cab and rear. Fiamma wind out awning, Fiamma twin bike rack and roof-rack for surf boards by prior arrangement. Discount for longer hires - please ask. Minimum 3 day hire period.
- Hydraulic elevating roof with canvas and vinyl window.
- Variotec rock and roll bed downstairs, double bed with foam mattress in pop up roof.
- Removable main table. Cutlery & crockery.
- Twin-burner gas hob.
- Stainless steel sink and drainer. Fresh water.
- Engine heating for cab.
- 12v fluorescent lights
- Fresh water tank
- Double glazed with blinds and fly screens in living room.
- JVC tuner / CD player with AUX input socket for iPOD & 4 speakers
- Waeco compressor with freezer box
- Thermal blackout roller blinds / insect netting on double glazed windows.
- Storage under bench seats and in cupboards at rear.
- PV powered inverter (off grid) and mains hook-up cable supplied. One CampingGaz butane cylinder. 150w PV solar panel on roof.
- Electrical equipment:
- Mains hook-up cable supplied. One CampingGaz butane cylinder. 150w PV solar panel on roof.
- Fire equipment:
- Self catering:
- Tefal Genius saucepans and frying pans.
At a Glance
Some of the great features which can be found on our camper.
Technology, Media and Entertainment
Living and Sleeping
Insurance and Useful Information
- UK Only
- 25 - 70
- Insurance Types:
- Fully comprehensive Insurance
- Pets Allowed:
- Holiday Hire:
- Wedding Hire:
- Self Drive Wedding Hire
- Prom Hire:
- Car Parking:
- Yes - on street
- Breakdown Cover:
- Am I Insured:
- Per Trip Fully Comprehensive Insurance by Camperbug
About This Camper
Here's how to find the van!See large campervan map
What you saidSee more reviews for Big-Blue
We had a great time traveling around Devon and Cornwall in Big Blue.Nick was excellent in talking us through all the things we needed to know and all the excellent features the camper has.We had terrible weather but Big Blue had the space and comfort we needed. We will definitely be booking again.Thanks Nick and Big Blue
Reviewed - August 31, 2023
Other bits and bobs
- Inflatable Vango awning:
- Maxx Racks 4 Bike carrier:
Send an Enquiry below
Cost, Availability and Enquiries
This section allows you to communicate with the van's owner. The calendar displays availability. Any grey shaded boxes are periods during which the van is unavailable and green shaded boxes display periods of availability. Select dates from the calendar. Once your dates are selected you will see them appear in the period chosen section. Then log in or register in order to send a note to the van owner about the enquiry. Their responses will be displayed in the enquiry section of your account.Read more
Some of your dates are not available currently.