VW T2 Classic Campervan in Canterbury for hire
Winnie is a beautiful mango green 1978 Californian, left hand drive Westfalia. This lady is in great condition. She sets herself apart from many. Not just because of her almost entirely original interior but with her roof top solar panel, it means she can keep your phone charged, your wine cool and you cosy with her great adjustable thermostat gas heating system. All this and more without the need for electric hook up but she has that too should you want it. The solar panel gives her the freedom to go rogue - no need for campsites but if she does fancy a campsite, without the need for a hook up pitch, she can save you some money too. Bonus. Just when you thought, what more can this old diva offer? Well, how about a comfy nights sleep with a full width double bed in the high roof pop top, an easy pull out rock and roll double bed underneath and should you request it, an attachable awning tent for extra room or extra sleeping bods. Winnie is the gift that keeps on giving right? We think so.
- High roof pop top
- One full width double in the roof and one easy fold out rock 'n' roll double, and optional attachable awning tent, at an additional cost which can sleep 2-3.
- Removable main table sits in centre of floor.
- Twin-burner gas hob.
- Stainless steel sink and drainer. Large fresh water container.
- Gas thermostat controlled modern heating. Can be used without electric hook-up. Engine heating for cab when driving.
- Lighting throughout including fairylights can be used without electric hook-up.
- Fresh water container holds 15-20 Litres.
- Glass windows all around. Three unzippable windows in the canvas pop top, including a large viewing one. All with mosquito netting.
- Radio Tuner and CD player plus speakers and audio AUX cable for most devices.
- 12V Fridge Freezer powered by solar panel on roof (optional at extra cost) Also has a USB charging point!
- Lined/black out curtains on all windows.
- Storage under bench seats and in cupboards at rear.
- Roof solar panel. Mains hook-up cable supplied. One butane cylinder
- Electrical equipment:
- 2 x 3-pin socket 240v. Intended for electric hook-up. 2 x 12V ports and 2 x USB charging points.
- Fire equipment:
- Fire extinguisher in rear. Carbon Monoxide alarm.
- Self catering:
- Comprehensive inventory included.
At a Glance
Some of the great features which can be found on our camper.
Technology, Media and Entertainment
Living and Sleeping
Insurance and Useful Information
- Local Area Only
- 25 - 70
- Insurance Types:
- Comprehensive. Hire cost includes insurance (2 drivers) and breakdown cover
- Pets Allowed:
- Holiday Hire:
- Wedding Hire:
- Chauffeur Driven Wedding Hire
- Prom Hire:
- No Prom Licence
- Car Parking:
- Yes, on drive way.
- Breakdown Cover:
- Yes. Included in hire cost.
- Am I Insured:
- Fully comprehensive insurance
About This Camper
Here's how to find the van!See large campervan map
What you saidSee more reviews for Winnie-The-Westie
We had an amazing weekend on Winnie celebrating my Dads 70thWe stayed fairly local spending both nights at the Canterbury campsite but there are so many nice places - both in land and along the coast only a short drive away. The campervan itself is in fantastic condition both from a driving perspective and inside. Its laid out perfectly and we were more than comfortable with three adults and a dog for two nights. Claire was so helpful - both beforehand showing us how it all worked and during our trip when we forgot which cubbyhole we hid a sleeping bag in Thanks for a lovely weekend
Reviewed - October 9, 2022
Other bits and bobs
- Attachable Awning Tent:
- £20 per night or £60 per trip
- Solar powered fridge/freezer (with USB charging port):
- £15 per night or £45 per trip
- Bedding (pillows not included):
- £10 per sleeping bag
Send an Enquiry below
Cost, Availability and Enquiries
This section allows you to communicate with the van's owner. The calendar displays availability. Any grey shaded boxes are periods during which the van is unavailable and green shaded boxes display periods of availability. Select dates from the calendar. Once your dates are selected you will see them appear in the period chosen section. Then log in or register in order to send a note to the van owner about the enquiry. Their responses will be displayed in the enquiry section of your account.Read more
Some of your dates are not available currently.